Friday, August 28, 2015

Week 7 of Project Leap of Faith

Ok, now that I am SO late, here it is.

Here we are at week 7.

7 of the best weeks of my life.

It seems like the closer I've gotten to the end, the faster time has gone. I'm really not ready to leave. The blessings I've received in the short time I've been here. From playing second mommy to sweet little girls, all the way to being a Kitten Daycare!

I'm so excited, this Tuesday (Week 8) our new Ruby girl is coming!! Another exciting event coming up is the mega Potter Birthday Bash next weekend. We're basically celebrating all of the birthdays (and my grandparents' anniversary!) over Labor Day weekend, meaning I'll get to see my sweet family again! (:

The kittens have officially opened their eyes, and are as cute as can be! They turned a week old on Tuesday, and are more than double the size they were when they were born.

ALSO. I MADE A THING FOR LUNCH. AND YOU HAVE TO TRY IT. It was a Trim Healthy Mama S meal, and SOOOO worth it!! I heated a bit of red palm oil in a cast iron skillet, and heated some red pepper flakes, garlic, and celery seed in it for about a minute. I then added fresh okra (I just sliced about 5 pods into rounds) and 2 VERY small tomatoes (1 green, the other yellow, sliced and halved) and let them cook down until tender. I then added some of Mrs. Campbell's famous One Pot soup (which is just a basic vegatable soup with a few leftovers added to it-sauteed squash and a few pieces of broccoli that were too little to put in seperate containers) and let everything cook down. 
Oh. My. Word. Yeah, it was good. Finish it up with a summery twist on Good Girl Moonshine (add about 3 tbsp lemon juice to the original recipe), and you have one amazing meal. AND it's healthy. But anything you cook in red palm oil will probably end up tasting amazing soooooo....

Anyway, I went to the young adult Bible study group with my dear friend Meadow last night, and it was SO encouraging. A great reminder that when we pray, we need to go deep! We aren't talking to air! In Daniel 2, we see that Daniel and his friends Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah (AKA Shadrach, Meshach, and Obednego) had a prayer meeting when they found out about the king's latest decree (v.18). Daniel trusted God to answer right away, he didn't falter and say "Oh, hey God, if you could, um, maybe give me an idea of what to do... maybe, that'd be cool..." No. Daniel asked God, BELIEVING God would give him an answer right away. And then, when God provided an answer, Daniel so deeply thanked God! (v. 20-23)
I believe that if we are specific in the things we pray about, God will reveal to us and bless us for it, becuase we are showing trust in Him. We are believing that He is listening and hearing what we have to say, and the Lord will bless your faith. 
So this week, I ask that each of you set aside some time in your day, free from obligations and distractions, and give yourself over to God. Talk to Him. He is your Dad, after all!
Hope you guys have a great week! I'm still currently trying to finish writing Day 3 of 12 Things a Christian Shouldn't Do, but I somehow have misplaced my notebook with all of my notes... SO. That must be posted ASAP! 
Xoxo, Shelby


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Doesn't it sound awesome?? We've never really done something like this before, so I'm excited!!

      Delete