Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Week 4 of Project Leap of Faith

Here we are at week FOUR! Why is time passing so quickly? I'm already ready to come back and I haven’t even left haha!


This week has been SO CRAZY BUSY. Thursday we had some HUGE orders, and ran out of our item before we could finish. Friday (which, as you might remember, is our cleaning day; if you remembered that, then comment so I can message you personally for a cookie ^_^) I stayed the night with the Allison's!
Then Sunday, after running late for church (because, um, er, I stayed with the Allison's and woke up at almost 8 and we were late getting back for the church service, meaning that I ended up wearing jeans and my “IAmUnashamed” shirt to church oopsie), we went over to the Campbells’ oldest son, Wes’s, house. Does the name Wes Campbell sound familiar to all you Christian Music junkies? Yeah, he’s the manager for the Newsboys


His family was SOOOO sweet and so laid back! And yea, I was the really, really, REALLY bad volleyball player on his team…
But yeah! We went swimming, and all the way home my dear friend Chalice Allison and I talked about the most hilarious things, laughing until our sides hurt and we were almost crying.
She and I have actually started this thing where when we part ways, we’ll say “see you in a thousand years!” because ‘A thousand years are as a day unto the Lord’. I guess we’ve been doing it for about 3 weeks or so honestly haha!


So I found that apparently around here you don’t call just anyone ‘hon’ or ‘darlin’. Cherish Allison and I were talking about Subway (where I worked before I came here, and one of her favorite restaurants) and how once in Georgia, this lady there started calling her dad “sweetie”. Now if you see Mr. Allison, you will die from laughter. This giant of a man, with SUPER masculine features, being called sweetie?? Anyway, Cherish was complaining because her mom was the only one who had ever called him that, and how weird it was that some stranger was calling not only her dad sweetie, but each of Cherish’s little brothers (that were present) things like ‘pumpkin’, or ‘darlin’. I couldn’t help but laugh cause, hey, down in the DEEP south, everyone is named Hon, Darlin, or Sweetie. ;)


We’re all so excited here at the Campbell acres right now. In 4 days, this Saturday, our dear Rashida will become Mrs. Rashida Simpson! Also the sweet couple Esther and Arden will be reunited! Ah, all the adorable couples make me giggle with Chalice. We’ve already started planning our secret photography sessions!


We said farewell to dear Uncle Roger (yeah, the sugar vigilante) as he left for a ministry calling in Las Vegas, Nevada on Monday. I can already tell the younger children are missing him; they’ve been looking in the cupboards for any doughnuts or pastries Uncle Rog hid for them!

Today in my devotionals, the scriptures were 2 Corinthians  4:13-18. We have the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall rais up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you. Wow, what a hopefull passage! (these aren’t all of the verses: I encourage you to read them all!) Our eternal perspectives as a believer in Christ is VERY important to our witness for Christ throughout our lives. Will we grow in faith through the hard times, and continue to worship a God who is, and always will be, worthy.

ALSO.
BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET LITTLE AIDEN BUDDY WHO IS 2 TODAY!!! Aiden is the super stinkin cute munchkin that I nannied last summer, and lemme tell ya, I cannot even begin to describe how sweet he is and how precious he is to me!


SEEEEEEE????
I just loves him so much, and now, that dolly is 2!
Thanks to Chelsea Blasko for letting me use these pictures of your cutie!


Time flies, everyone. Children grow up, people change, friends grow apart, people grow closer. Make memories, share the love of Christ wherever you go, and don't forget your smile.
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment