Friday, July 10, 2015

The Beginning of Project Leap of Faith

My goodness gracious life can be so crazy! If you had told me 3 months ago that I would be sitting on the couch in the home of Above Rubies editress Mrs. Nancy Campbell, I would have called you a liar and gone back to my planning out my future. Which had a lot of college plans. Aaaaaand dreams of maybe being married next year. Instead, God has been taking me on a journey of faith, excitement, new friends, and stepping outside my comfort zone. Being of a more introverted personality, I never DREAMED that I'd be going to live with a family I didn't know for 2 months with zero cell phone service, doing office work with a wonderful, Godly woman who is always losing her glasses, answering phones and... making phone calls?!?!?!?!? Unheard of for this introvert! Another thing was being so tired that I have fallen asleep by 10:30 every single night. Rare for me.

But I know that God has something amazing in store for me. I can see the ways He has moved in my life so far. By the way He has turned my can'ts into cans. He has made my dreams His plans.

I was looking at a song that I had written earlier this year when a dear friend's son died after he was born prematurely.
God I'm crying out to You now
It's times like these I don't understand
But I know I've got to have faith
And believe You have a greater plan
May be days, May be weeks
Until at last I will see
All the little fears I have, they are
In Your hands
I'm not going to lie, when I was invited to do this internship, I was terrified. I didn't want to go. I would be leaving the comfort of my home. And you know what? I still have a hard time believing that I really signed up for this. I'll wake up in the morning and hear people talking, and it takes a bit to realize that it's not my family.

But then... Then I'll run into Cedar, or Vision, or Arrow or Saber, or one of the many other young boys and I'll feel so at home. I'm constantly thanking God for everything He has blessed me with, from the incredible view to the friends I've already started making. I'll be happy to be home, but for now, I'm happy with my current home.

No comments:

Post a Comment