Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Week 3 of Project Leap of Faith

I took this photo earlier today on a walk over to the precious Allison's home (:

3 WEEKS??? ALREADY??
My goodness time needs to slow down.
This past week has literally flown by, maybe because it’s just been so busy. As you read in my last post, on Saturday (the 25th) was the wedding of the youngest son of Mr. and Mrs. Campbell to his gorgeous bride, Courtney. It was a very beautiful, intimate, and laid back ceremony, just a few friends and family (and by few, I mean most of the siblings of the groom and their children, about 45 people in total just on his side). 

That night there was another occasion: A HUGE spiritual battle was fought until 1:30 in the morning, as we prayed and spoke with one of the young men there (a nephew of the groom). For 4 hours there was a war between darkness and light, as Jesus and Satan battled over this young man’s soul. (If you don’t mind to continue praying over him as he struggles with plaving his faith entirely in Christ Jesus, the whole family of Christ would be so appreciative!)

One of the things said really, REALLY made an impact on me, considering how much I’ve been longing to grow closer to Christ, to truly have Him ruling in my heart, to die to flesh constantly. “Being a ‘good follower of Christ is like doing pushups or pullups: the more you do, the stronger you become. So the more you do what pleases Christ, the stronger your relationship with Him becomes, and the stronger you become through Him.”

It really made an impact on me. Like for instance, how often do I try to resist temptation, even in little things like exaggerating or listening to music that doesn’t honor God? How many times do I allow myself to compromise and give in to the flesh nature?
On that note, I’ll continue with my week.

On Sunday, my dear, precious friend Cheyenne and I went on a walk that ended up lasting close to two hours, and we hiked almost 2 miles, in skirts, barefoot, through the woods and up rocky hunting roads and 4-wheeler trails. I love the fact that no matter what we talked about, it was always Christ centered. Even at 15, this young woman is a young woman of God, completely and fully without a doubt. She even taught me a few things that I’ll be doing in my own spiritual life!
My dear friends Chalice and Cherish and I are already planning for the upcoming week. At least one creek trip, as well as a Goodwill run on Saturday are just the tip of the iceburg (:

Hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment