Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 1 of Project Leap of Faith

As you all may have read in my last post, my adventures into the 'wilderness' of Primm Springs, Tennessee (you may want to google earth it-may be a little easier to see than an atlas) were a complete leap of faith. If you have the time and would like, you can go read the full story in my last post.
Anyway, I've so enjoyed my time here! I've met so many amazing people, made so many cool friends, found my tiny 'shadow' (her name is Ember Breeze, or 'Breezy' for short, and she's 5), went to a movie with an aspiring singer and amazing role model, and fallen in love with the scenery. There are trees, as far as you can see, and sunsets like you wouldn't believe, and beautiful flowers and creeks and streams.
I'd almost move here.
Almost.

I love the adventures God has been giving me too. My very first day, I was given a four wheeler ride home by one of the older boys. There is nothing much more fun than sitting on the back of a four wheeler goin 45 mph with a skinny little 10 year old in front of you and a fearless country boy driving! Even the more quiet, 'boring' times at home with the younger children have been so much fun! Learning to dance with Cherish and Chalice, 15 year old twins by adoption, playing card games for hours, singing as loud as we can, talking with Jurassic Park in the backgroud (hey, that was entirely the boys haha!), it's always so blessed and fun. I'm excited to see what He has in store for me this week!

Yesterday morning, our stand-in preacher, Jack, spoke about doing everything unto the Lord. He said 'We can even praise the Lord and glorify Him while drinking coffee! As long as you are thanking Him and keeping Him at the forefront of your mind in all that you do, you will be glorifying God, because you will be focusing on that which is Holy and Pure.' Glorifying God in all that I do has been something of a struggle for me for a long time, due to the fact that I have never really known how (or so was my excuse). I am now making it a point to live solely for my King, and to give Him the love, devotion, and respect that He ultimately deserves.

As you may be able to tell, I'm REALLY enjoying being able to focus so strongly on Christ and His will in my life. So much that I've taken quite a few things, such as my longing to be a wife one day and my dream of going to college, and given them all over to God for safe keeping. He will show and make known to me all that He desires to have in my life. I don't want to be in control of my life. I want Him to be.

Sadly this post will be short, but I'm going to include part of the song that I've written. Here ya go:

God, You're showing me

That sometimes all it takes
Is just one leap of faith
You're holding my hand,
God I'm learning Your plan
Can be, can be
So much more for me
So very much more for me.

May blessings and peace be poured over you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment