Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A New Work In You- Today's Soul Moment


                                                      Photo found at Elizabeth and Jim George's page



The second you ask Christ into your heart as your Savior and Lord, He begins working in you, creating in you a new being (see 2 Corinthians 5:17). That new person is His ‘good work’, a beautiful masterpiece of His precious design, painting a story like no other. How many times do we fight against the tender touch of the Master’s hand, and try to go back to the person we were?
No matter how much we push against His will, longing for our own desires, Christ is still working at us.
But how do we become someone after God’s own heart?
How do we fall so in love with God, that no matter what tribulations or trials come our way, we still look to Him?
How do we show God even a fraction of the love He shows us?

To start, we have to remember that we are not of this world. We are set apart, a sanctified nation under Christ’s blood. This means we need to live in a way that honors Christ. From the words we say to the way we act, we need to keep Christ at the forefront of our minds.

One of the first steps I took in Project Leap of Faith, even before I knew I would be coming to Primm Springs, TN, was difficult. Some of you who know me know that I. LOVE. MUSIC. A lot. Well, the day before I found I would be helping at Above Rubies, I completely cleaned out my music playlist on my phone. Anything that wasn’t wholesome or encouraging or of God, I took off my phone. Why? Because I felt like it was time that I started devoting ALL of my time to God. All of my thoughts. I wanted to give God room to continue to work in me, and it’s hard to grow if you’re trapped in a box. My box just happened to have walls of (not bad, like it didn’t have bad words, but it wasn’t God honoring) music. So I took it out of my life.

As soon as I got rid of one of my biggest stumbling blocks, I could feel a HUGE difference. Have you ever been stuck in a little room, and when you walked outside after being in that space, you just felt so free? That’s what it was like. And besides, listening to music that encourages you, instead of reminding you of old hurts or talking bad about people or whatever, is so much nicer!

I’m still working on another big obstacle, a more personal one. It’s hard, trying to focus only on Christ. But I know He will help me, that He will not give me anything I cannot handle.

How will you allow God to work in your life? Will you remove the weeds that He asks you to remove, even if it’s something you hold dear?
Maybe you’re holding on to a person, or like me, music, or a tv show you know doesn’t honor God. You may brush it off, saying “Oh I’ll just ignore it.” But dear ones, what we let in our eyes, goes to our minds, What we let in our minds, goes to our hearts. What we let in our hearts, goes to our mouths.

So let’s all root up the things that are hindering us from growing, taking away from the blessing God wants to give us. Let's give Him the chance to Perfect His good works in us!

No comments:

Post a Comment