Monday, July 20, 2015

Week 2 of Project Leap of Faith



Walking home from a visit with the Allison's, and God's amazing workmanship just NEEDED to be photographed!


Two weeks have already flown by, and I cannot say how much God is working in my life, and opening my eyes and ears to His love and teaching. In things as little as the way I view myself, all the way up to my planning out my future, God has been showing me-whether through my "second mom" Serene Allison and her precious wisdom in mothering and being a woman after God's heart, or through songs that He allows me to listen to at just the right time-that He IS there, that He DOES listen, and that most of all, He loves me with an unfailing love despite the choices I've made in the past.

It reminds me of the other day, (Thursday, July 16th to be exact) actually. The Allison family had brought me to the creek for the first time, and all of the other children were jumping 15+ feet from the bridge into the cold, deep water below. I longed to jump, I wanted to, I was going to!

the bridge that we jumped from (: Turning cant's into can's!


.....Until I sat on the edge of the bridge. I literally COULD NOT jump. I couldn't push off of the ledge, even though I wanted to SOOOO badly. 15 year old Chalice sat next to me for a total of about 45 minutes as I battled myself, trying to jump. I watched 8 year old Shepherd jump in 4 or 5 times, each time begging myself to jump in after him. I couldn't do it. I even tried shoving off the edge, but it was like I was glued to the cement! Chalice kept telling me it was fine, many of the Rubies girls never even tried jumping. But I knew I wanted to. Finally, Sheppy came up behind me and told me "I can shove you if you want." As soon as I heard his feet pattering across the bridge, I flung myself into the water. And it felt amazing!

Sometimes I feel this way in my walk with God. I WANT to throw myself into His plans, just let go and give it all to Him. But as hard as I try, the lies of Satan creep into my mind and take root, 'gluing' me to his chair of fear and doubt. In Matthew 8, verse 26, Jesus asks "Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?" He was talking to His disciples as their boat was tossing in the waves. The disciples had just seen Jesus perform miracles all afternoon. Why on earth would they doubt Him now?? Satan can take the smallest worries, the slightest of fears, and make them into a terrible battle in our mind, just like me facing the bridge. It's our choice whether we will face our fears, conquer Satan, and claim victory in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now, will you make a stand, and claim your victory in Christ?

#takethe stand #dohardthings

No comments:

Post a Comment