Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Week 8 of Project Leap of Faith


Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and into HIs courts with praise! Give thanks to Him, and bless His Name! (Psalm 100:4)
Praise the Lord, I have been here 8 weeks! Continual blessings have been poured out, my eyes have been opened, and my heart has been softened. The week I got the e-mail from Mrs. Campbell, if you had told me that I would be where I am spiritually (already!), I would have called you a liar! I love getting to have this constant spiritual encouragement and strengthening, and I want to share it with anyone who will listen.

I'm also VERY excited for this weekend. Come Friday, I will be going to the dear little town of Dayton, TN (just south of Chattanooga) to see my family! 

Back Row: Me (holding baby Emmaline), Papaw Potter, Mamaw Potter, Phillip, CJ, and Will
Front row: Sam, Nicky, Jesse, and Gwendolyn
Taken at CJ's Naval Bootcamp Graduation, June 2015

The reason I'm excited is not because I'll be leaving Primm Springs; rather, quite the opposite. 
I know that I'll be coming back after this weekend, and that's why I'm so excited. I know that it won't be too long before I see my Above Rubies family. I was on the phone with my mom yesterday, and after telling her about my excitement in coming back, I said " It's going to be REALLY hard leaving for real in late September." 
My mom (holding baby Emmaline), CJ, Mamaw and Papaw Potter
(Just assume all of these family pictures were taken at CJ's graduation lol)

CJ, my dad, and Papaw

You know how sometimes we want something that seems to really be in line with God's plan, but He's telling us otherwise? Yeah, it's like that. Like I really want to just stay here, but I know He's calling me home in a couple of weeks. *sigh*
But His ways are higher than our ways! Isn't that an encouraging thought??

The beautiful sunrise I woke up to this morning! I love seeing God's fingerprints!

I would really like to share the encouragement that I found between yesterday and today.
Turn to Isaiah 54:13. 
13All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children. 14In righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror, for it shall not come near you. 15If anyone stirs up strife, it is not from me; whoever stirs up strife with you shall fall because of you. 16Behold, I have created the smith who blows the fire of coals and produces a weapon fo rits purpose. I have also created the ravager to destroy; 17No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall refute every tongue that rises against you in judgement. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their vindication from me, declares the Lord.
While we need to keep these verses in context (read what has to happen before we can receive these protections and blessings, in v. 1-12), it's so encouraging to know that no weapon fashioned against us shall succeed. That can mean hurtful words or cruel plans against us, not just a sword or a gun. If we have repented and allowed God to take over our lives, He is faithful and just to not only forgive us, but also hold us and protect us as we walk through our life! Isn't that exciting??

No comments:

Post a Comment