Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Week 9 of Project Leap of Faith




In the weeks that I've had in Primm Springs, Tennessee, I have made so many new friends and been blessed INCREDIBLY.

The time I got to spend with my family was absolutely amazing. I think the best parts of my time there was just hearing everyone talk. I loved the talking, the learning. Talking to my mom, my old pastor and his wife on Sunday, my grandparents. It was all so wonderful!

Back Row, L to R- Will, Me, Phillip and Emmaline, Jake(with the beard), Ben, Allie(holding a pic of CJ)
Front Row, L to R- Sam, Nick, Jesse, and Gwen

I'm also excited to introduce the newest partner in crime, Lizzy!
Aren't we absolutely gorgemous?

Lizzy is the new Rubies girl we welcomed last Tuesday (8/1), and lemme tell ya. She is a blessing times ten trillion!!! My hope and prayer for her is that she will be as strengthened and blessed as I have been!

I've been really struggling as I see this chapter coming to a close in my life. I don't want to leave this amazing life, full of new adventures, a new family, and the constant closeness of the Lord. But as it says in Ecclesiastes 3, there's a time for everything in its season.

Falling in love with a whole lifestyle- a routine, a relationship with the Lord like none I've ever had before, friends who have become my family- is not what I expected in coming up here. I've loved the structure, the busyness, the fun that shines in every corner of this life. It will be a hard day waking up in that lovely dorm for the last time, walking out the front door for the last time, leaving the driveway for the last time. I don't think one knows the pain of leaving until they've fallen in love. Little did I know you could fall in love with a whole town!

When I speak of love, I don't mean romance. I'm speaking of the kind of love you feel within a family, the accepting love. The same love Christ bestows upon us has been show to me in the short time I've been here, and is definitely reciprocated.

So what kind of love does Christ show us? What is its definition?

Yeah, you all knew I was going to use this verse didn't you? ;)

This love is patient. Have you noticed that when we, in out stubborn human flesh, walk away from God and pursue things that we want, God never leaves us? He is always standing there, putting that nudge in our spirit, urging us back to Him. He is always putting someone in our path to draw us closer to Him. If you don't feel like God is doing that, you better start praying He'll open your eyes to see the needs right next to you!

This love is kind. God is constantly pouring out His blessings on us, even though we have all sinned and do not even come close to deserving anything He pours into our lives. Just think about that! He is constantly spoiling us, so richly and deeply, and we barely manage a weak 'thank You' to Him!

This love isn't proud or rude or self seeking. God doesn't think He's too good for you; He laid down His life for you. He isn't self-seeking; God treasures you, He holds your worth higher than the most precious gems!

This love isn't easily angered. God was the Creator of patience, remember. (But please don't use this as an excuse to stay in the same sin forever!) He is so patient and gentle with you, guiding you when you fall, and keeping you in His Hand.

This love doesn't hold your mistakes over you, or define you by what you've done. If you have accepted Christ's free gift of salvation, EVERY sin you have ever committed-from that little white lie to the person you killed, even if it was just with your words- is wiped away. His blood covers every blemish and spot.

This love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. God will NEVER give up on you. It doesn't matter how far we walk away from Him, He will always bring us back to Him if we allow Him to. He protects you from Satan's darts as best as we allow Him to, because HE LOVES YOU. God loves us!

One last thing before I close this post. Today, September 8th, is my sweet Mama's birthday!

Sadly, I don't have a more recent picture of just the two of us together. (Well, we might, but I don't have it....)
This woman is my best friend. She's the world's best encourager and reminder. She is the most incredible person I've ever met, with the patience of a saint (I mean she's put up with me! For almost 19 years!) Happy Birthday Mama! I love you so much, and pray you have the most blessed day you have ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment