Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Week 10 of Project Leap of Faith



Week ten! You're here!
I actually am re-writing this post, even though I was completely ready to post the original one.
The problem? 
It was 
ONE.
BIG.
COMPLAINT.

Yep. A big collection of complaints over how I hadn't been here long enough, how much I loved it here, etc etc.
When I proofread it, I couldn't believe how much I sounded like the Israelites! I wasn't being grateful and enjoying the blessings while I have them still, and rather than share about all the wonderful experiences God has so richly lavished on me, I COMPLAINED.
Shame. On. Me.

SO. Here is the revised post! Gone with the bad attitude, and I'll do all things without murmurings and disputings! (:

Friday night was, per usual, wonderful, because (as usual!) Lizzy and I spent it with the Allisons!

I also pierced Lizzy's nose. So now we're twinsies! :D

After we stayed up all hours of the night watching When Calls The Heart, (and screaming at the TV because it wasn't fair for the characters; I'm sure you guys understand!) we woke up bright and early Saturday morning and almost immediately started learning new songs on guitar.  On the walk home, we gathered bundles of ragweed and daisies (and some other beautiful flowers) to dry. I now have a beautiful little bouquet that will last for quite a while (:

Sunday was beyond incredible. The morning's service was given by renowned New Zealand preacher and good friend of the Campbell family, Mr. John Walton. He was speaking about the heart cry, and how when we pray, it should be a heart cry! It should be a deep, intimate moment with God, not a 5-minute prayer time. (Yes, it did impact me so much that I've started praying that way now.)
After church, some of us young people organized a game of Spoons. If I haven't mentioned it before, DO NOT PLAY SPOONS WITH CHERISH ALLISON. It can get violent. (The rug-burns on my elbows should be proof enough haha!) Despite the violence, the games were still very fun. At the end of the last game, Noble Barrett, Josiah Calhoon, and Cherish Allison were playing against each other. Cherish was working herself over, trying so hard to win. But Josiah and Noble had already won, and quietly slipped the two spoons into their possession. When Cherish finally had her four matching cards, she jumped forward to snatch a spoon... And found nothing. The look on her face was priceless, and we all had a good laugh at it. 
After we had cleaned up from lunch and finished preparing for Stephen and Auntie Vange's 50th birthday party, we all just kind of went wherever and did our own thing. We girls watched the guys play football and braided each other's hair, or found flowers to press. (Or stole the iPhones off the table and take random pictures with them.) 
When the party started, it was fantastic. There were so many families represented, and so many people. And the more people present, the more fun can be had! Josiah Calhoon taught me how to do a couple of new strumming patterns on guitar (You're welcome Mr. Steve! ~he's my guitar teacher~) and we talked music for a bit. Finally, someone who understood the hardships of being an adult and not having time to play music as much as one wanted! 
As the party drew to a close, a few of us young people went outside and played Midnight tag. As people were leaving and I said goodbye, it hurt and it was hard to think that I may never see some of these precious people ever again, but then I rejoice! As a dear friend of mine told me, I now have these memories and bonds to cherish for life.

I'm so grateful for God's incredible love and grace. I'm so grateful for the knowledge He gives me of His strength and power, for the ability to trust in Him alone.
So as I come to the end of the most amazing time in my whole life, I stop and I think. What if I had walked out that door? What if I had forsaken the way I'd been raised, and become nothing more than another sinner on the street. What if, what if, what if?
But because of grace, I don't have to say What If. Instead, I can say, By God's Grace, I'm Here Instead of There!!!!!!!
Praise be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment