Monday, November 4, 2013

Hello, Readers! Last weekend (October 25-27) I was so blessed to be able to attend a retreat with my wonderful mother in Georgia. Have you ever heard of Above Rubies? It is an AMAZING magazine designed specifically for mothers, to give encouragement, and to share the love of Christ. My mom actually accepted Jesus Christ at one of these retreats 14 years ago. :) I was so uplifted and so encouraged!! I met some WONDERFUL girls who encouraged me SO MUCH!
From left to right: Me, Ansley, Jeni, Rachel, Trina

The five of us became very close over the Saturday of that weekend, and let me tell ya, there were just about tears when we had to say goodbye on Sunday. I have never met such wonderful girls and become so close in such a short period of time! (By the way, we did do the traditional girlfriend ritual-we were awake at almost 2 AM Sunday morning, talking and giggling. :D) But yeah! That retreat is-was-EXACTLY what I needed spiritually! Mrs. Nancy Campbell was the speaker, and let me tell you, that woman is EXTRAORDINARY. God created in her such a longing after Him, the longing I so desire after. Lord willing I will be able to post more details of Mrs. Nancy's seminar sessions later. Ciao for now!
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment