Thursday, October 10, 2013

A girl after God's own heart. That is the girl I've always wanted to be. Growing up believing that Jesus Christ came to save this world through His death, I have longed to be totally God's. Have you ever read the Elsie Dinsmore series? After I read those books when I was 11 or 12, I wanted nothing more than to be like her: a meek and quiet spirit, just like Christ commands us to be. If you are anyting like me, however, you know how annoying it is to find that, in all reality you are more like Jo March or Anne Shirley: outspoken, sharp, and tend to have your foot in your mouth. As it is, a majority of Christians are. We pay little heed to what Christ commands us to do in our own lives, and instead judge others' lives. (Which, might I add, can get PRETTY, well, bad.) As daughters of the One True King, we must show our lights by showing God's love. We need to fix ourselves before we fix others. And, well, I have no idea where I was going with this post! Ha ha! Well, I am new to this blogging thing, so you must forgive me. May the Lord bless you as you walk in your life of faith!

2 comments:

  1. Jo March understudy right here - at least it seems like it a lot of times lol! But I think to be a Beth is the more desirable route...her quiet, loving spirit. I'm with you on this Sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are so right girl! I would love to have the quiet, cheerful spirit that never went away, no matter what. Alas, I have not developed the patience for that! Haha!

      Delete