Saturday, November 21, 2015

Project Leap of Faith: Returned Edition!



Last night I returned to Primm Springs, Tennessee.
Tonight, as I reunited with many of my dear friends here, I felt a peace and excitement that haven’t been in me since I left.
That peace was turned to complete joy when I walked upstairs to see three young men, kneeling on the ground, praying fervently to the One who created them. Their passion, their love for Christ was so imminent in this act of humility, and the Spirit of God was so strong in that little living room. 
No lying, I cried. I cried because THIS is what I’ve missed. 
The understanding of how powerful praying truly is, the true love of God so deeply. It was such a blessing to see something that is so normal in these peoples’ lives.
Now, the question to ask: How am I humbling myself before the Lord? What am I doing to grow closer to Him?
More importantly, how am I keeping up my relationship with Him?
You can ask anyone who knows me, I am TERRIBLE about keeping in contact, especially long distance. So I really have to go the extra mile to make sure that my relationship with God stays my #1 priority!


One thing I notice I do a lot here in Primm Springs (and also did when I was here for my internship) is go on long prayer walks. I don’t know where I’m walking, I just know I talk to God in that time. Another thing that I do is take lots of notes on things I’ve been reading or on what we read in morning devotions, and then pray over them later in the day as I restudy them.
Make your relationship with Christ unique! Find the ways that better help you to focus on Him, and tie those into your routine!

In a physical relationship, you have to communicate for the relationship to thrive. It’s the same way with our spiritual relationships with Christ. He wants to hear from us, He wants you to tell Him about the things going on in your life! Tell Him about your excitement, or let Him know that you’re feeling down. Yes, God already knows what goes on in our lives, but He still loves it when you talk to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment